Sunday, November 24, 2019

Manaiakalani Innovative Teacher 2019 - KPMG Final Day

Session One - Reflection

The day began with a series of questions and a discussion on the impact of the MIT programme.

WHERE HAVE I GOT TO?

The tool and Literacy Circle Conversation programme, in various forms, has been running since term 2. At this stage, my students are moving on with a different focus in their literacy. One colleague in my studio has used the tool and seen a high level of engagement.

HOW HAS MY PROJECT IMPACTED: SCHOOL? CLUSTER? MANAIAKALANI?

I have presented my Wananga presentation to our Board of Trustees. My principal would like to trial the Literature Circle Conversation programme with our senior students. There is a discussion of Amber and I presenting our final presentation at the next cluster Teacher Only Day, and possibly running a smaller Innovative Teacher programme within our cluster.

WITH THE POWER OF HINDSIGHT, WOULD I DO IT AGAIN?

I am always ready to change my teaching programme and try something new. Now that I have a better understanding of design thinking and ideation, I will look at new goals for 2020 with my new students. I would do this, or something similar, again.

WHAT HAS WORKED WELL IN 2019?

Being challenged by my peers to get to the “why do this thing”. Having the chance to keep the bones of my idea, but then having changes that make it more workable in the learning space. Seeing the results in my students, and the shift in their attitude has demonstrated impact. Having the chance to step up in front of an audience to be the expert has been something I have working up to.

WHAT RECOMMENDATIONS DO YOU HAVE FOR 2020?

Perhaps provide a rough outline/ links to information about the design thinking process and ideation before going in, particularly for those of us who haven’t done this before. Co-construct the use of tools like Viber to coordinate Hangouts and release days to develop critical friend roles and coaching.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? - Next year? 3 years? 10 years?

To continue to use the tool in a new learning space and across the curriculum. Rolling it out across the school and cluster. Looking for the highest need in the new space to find a new inquiry. Looking forward to presenting it at conferences and toolkits.

Session Two - Telling my story




00:00 Introduction
00:25 The Problem
00:51 Where I started
01:33 My Inquiry - in a nutshell
02:02 LIT CIR CON - the digital tool
02:17 Example of student feedback
03:05 Student and teacher resources on LIT CIR CON
03:49 The LIT CIR CON Process
04:48 Measuring success and seeing the impact on learners
06:17 Target student data
10:04 Cohort and class data
11:23 Student voice video

MIT 19 Cohort Website


No comments:

Post a Comment

Accelerating Spelling 2020

 This year Rāwhiti School held Professional Learning Groups to help support our independent teaching goals. Below is my reflection of my goa...