Monday, July 1, 2019

Learning in the Fast Lane - Chapter 3 - Success Starters

Title of Book/Reading/Study Programme
Learning in the Fast Lane - Chapter 3 - Success Starters
Author/s or Lecturer/s or Speaker/s
by Suzy-Pepper Rollins
Synopsis
This is a chapter about starting your lesson in a relevant engaging way. How to get students thinking and responding to learning in the first ten minutes of the lesson, the peak time for learning.
Motivation
How will it help me? How has it helped me?
This made me reflect on how I begin lessons. What motivations can I create that engage learners, especially Maori and Pacific learners? 
Initial ideas - success starters for literacy circle roles:
Student surveys on the roles
Videos to apply roles - e.g. short video where they "make a connection"
Prediction - true false e.g. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Accelerating Spelling 2020

 This year Rāwhiti School held Professional Learning Groups to help support our independent teaching goals. Below is my reflection of my goa...