Monday, October 14, 2019

Learning in the Fast Lane - Student Work Sessions

Title of Book

Learning in the Fast Lane

Author

Suzy Pepper Rollins

Synopsis

In this chapter, Rollins discusses how low-level work for struggling students is not engaging or useful. It covers a number of strategies that encourage collaboration and accountability for students with their peers. There is a strong correlation between the strategies mentioned and how I have been running my Literacy Circle Conversation reading programme.

How will it help me? 

Use the metacognition strategies in reading - VIP, Sticky notes etc





 Discussion




1 comment:

  1. I love the way you are tracking and sharing your professional reading and discussions on your blog. She has made a big claim for her book. Could you see it as being of use at secondary level?

    Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Accelerating Spelling 2020

 This year Rāwhiti School held Professional Learning Groups to help support our independent teaching goals. Below is my reflection of my goa...